sorry i didn't catch you as you plummeted yourself towards the earth – balloon4human

you: haired human wearing cloth garments and rubber foot-things
me: hot air balloon with basket

i was studying my ropes yesterday that attach the basket when i saw you pass by. the pale expression on your human face made me forget all about my sheared twine. i puffed out to find something i might offer you on your journey, like a crust of bread or a morsel of cheese.
it is always good to offer humans food. but when i flared in again you were gone.

i wish we would have had a moment to converse. there are so many things i wanted to ask you.
like, did you jump or fall? what's it like to have appendages? do you have any siblings?

i am hoping you got snagged in a tree, and that i don't. if you are still alive and have made your way back to civilization, call me. actually though, i don't have a phone, i'm a hot air balloon. but you could have a skywriter write me a message. tell me what color basket i was carrying so i know it’s you.

HAB